Stretching the limits
Well, this has certainly been a busy week for me. I’ve been working on the intranet site. I’m cleaning up the smaller pages before deploying them. I’ve also started the framework for the new version of the Hot Calls program. I’m going to use Entity Framework 5 and ODP.NET this time around. I can’t really use EF in the logic portion, but I should still be ok. I’m trying to work out whether I can stack multiple queries in the same method so I don’t have to have 11, but can shrink it down to 5.
Also started working with PowerShell to create a shell program which would allow me to help a co-worker with a batch extraction of SP2007 lists to be upgraded to work in SP2013. That’s going to be interesting because I haven’t worked that much in PowerShell, but with my Linux background, I should eventually grab on pretty well.
I took the first half of the A+ exam yesterday and passed it, so I have to finish stuff off for the second half and take it. That keeps me fairly on pace for class and means I’m going to make most of my goals for this period. YAY!!!
Well, that’s the quiet life of a programmer for now. Back to the books and the work for me!